Hutchison ‘Hutch’ Telecommunications Lanka, a member of Hutchison Asia Telecom, is one of the fastest growing mobile telecommunications providers in Sri Lanka. It is a subsidiary of Fortune 500 company CK Hutchison Holdings Limited (CKH) based in Hong Kong, one of the leading conglomerates listed in the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Hutch Lanka possesses one of Sri Lanka’s best 3G networks with island-wide coverage, and is currently the fourth largest mobile operator in Sri Lanka, with a subscriber base of two million.
Enhancing the ‘Hutch-Experience’ with Mylinex Call Completion Suite
Challenges Hutch was looking to address:
- The existing Missed Call Alert (MCA) solution did not offer subscribers to manage system preferences by themselves.
- System infrastructure did not have the capacity to cater to sudden peaks of seasonal traffic.
- The existing network’s short message service center (SMSC) was being highly consumed by the MCA service.
- The inability to fully utilize the MCA text notification in terms of marketable space.
- The existing system infrastructure was a very rigid legacy system that had limitations in flexibility, adaptability and scalability.